Tuesday, October 7, 2008

New Moon


Describe what it is- It is a book cover for a book in a very popular book series, "Twilight".

Describe its function- To capture people's eye in the book store and get you to pick it up and find out what the book is about.

Describe where you saw it- I bought the book not too long ago.

Discuss the style of the design and the typography-Im not sure what style it is, but if I had to guess i would say that it is contemporary for its simplicity and the clean typography.

Describe the quality of the artwork- I believe the artwork is very well done, its simple but yet still appealling. The falling pettle almost looks like a drop of blood, which somewhat applys to the book.


Discuss what attracted you to the piece- I would have to say that the rich colors and the mysteriousness of the cover is what attracted me.

No comments: