Describe what it is- Its one of the original posters for "Its a Wonderful Life"Describe its function- When this was being used, its purpose was to get people to want to go and see that movie.
Describe where you saw it- I was originally going to do the newer cover for the edition of its a wonderful life that i have at home, so when i went to look up a picture for it, I found this as well and found it very interesting.
Discuss the style of the design and typography- I believe that this poster is very American Kitsch (help me out on this im not quite sure).
Discuss the quality of the artwork.- I believe its very well done. The typography is playful and fits well with the happy manner in which the couple is posed.
Discuss what attracted you to this piece- I really enjoy this movie. Its one of my favorites. When I saw the original movie poster, it attracted me because its true to the time that it was made. Where as the newer movie cover looks somewhat newer. I also find it kind of humerous, when looking at this poster, you would almost think it was a comedy from the playfullness of everything, when in fact its a somewhat serious movie.

1 comment:
Neat! I love it!
Who hasn't seen the movie?
Post a Comment